One of the key problems facing businesses today is the frequency by which customs regulations change. Lack of time or expertise in this area of your business may result in unnecessary overpayment of customs duty or excise, or costly delays in clearing goods.
Our experts provide cost effective services and practical advice related to imports and exports. By identifying and mitigating risks and developing an improved compliance framework for the future, your business can potentially save on customs duty and related taxes.
How we can help
Stage one: Assessing your trade activities
Utilising our data analytics to produce a visual overview of your past four years of import data, we provide valuable insights into your trade activities. Our team can identify refund opportunities, investigate and confirm actual refunds, prepare and lodge refund applications and evaluate average duty rates. A review is completed of all the key factors that affect the customs duty and GST exposure of your cross-border transactions.
- Tariff concessions
- Tariff classifications
- Customs valuation, particularly for multinational companies and branded goods
- The enhanced project by-law scheme
- Free trade agreements
- Country of origin and preference
- Customs compliance
All you need to provide at this stage is a signed letter of authorisation.
Stage two: Eliminating your past duty inefficiencies and risks
Using the information gathered from Stage I, we identify and rectify the following:
- Overpayments of duty – to improve your profit margin
- Past errors and underpayment of duty – to assist in eliminating risks and their associated penalties, which have exponentially increased in recent years